Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home and Healing

I'm not sure why my last post didn't post on Facebook. That app. seems to be hit and miss. Anyway, I'm a full week out of my surgery and doing well. My surgical healing is going great, but I've got a bladder infection from, well, let's just say the hospital stay. Once it clears up I suspect I'll be feeling much better.
Through this I could really see God watching out for me. There were some little things that I certain would not have gone as well if it weren't for prayer. First of all, after my surgery I was to go to extended recovery. They are tiny rooms with no windows and a shared bathroom. There wasn't even a place for Rocky to sit comfortably through the night. However, after I got out of surgery I was looking pale (go figure) and so they kept me there longer and all the extended rooms were filled. They had to put me in a room on the 3rd floor, which meant a bigger room in the regular part of the hospital. I have been told that my recovery care was much better than it would have been otherwise. Just as we were about to try to sleep for the night a tech came in to take my vitals and noticed that we didn't have "one of the good chairs" for Rocky. She had noticed one in an empty room and helped us swap out our chairs. If you have ever spent the night as a visitor in a hospital then you know that getting a good chair is a big deal.
Another thing I a thankful for is that the doctor found what she was looking for and nothing else. The problem I was having in sort of an invisible problem. There is no test that can be run that can tell for sure if you have endometreosis. They have to do surgery. In the back of my mind I was a little worried that they would open me up and say, "I don't know what your problem is, you looked fine." , or even worse, find they the problem was something different and more serious. Instead they opened me up and found exactly what we thought they would. They took out what needed to be taken and cleaned up the rest. It can be a little scary giving a surgeon permission to "explore". I could have woken up with no appendix or gall bladder, but all of that is still intact and doing whatever it is that those things do.
I have a cute kid story to add. This week my father took the kids down to the neighborhood playground. there were some wasps buzzing around, so they came back early. I asked Jack if he had fun and he said, "No. There were wasps and one flew in my face and I screamed like a little girl!"
If you want to see the posts that Facebook didn't show you can visit my personal blog:
http://www.rixie4.blogspot.com

No comments: