I have a 5 tips of my own to help us all enjoy pinning without annoying our friends.
- Be careful how you categorize your boards and what you pin to them. When I am scrolling through the food section, I don't want to see a girl in a dress, DIY projects don't need to be on the humor page (unless there is something really funny about what you made), and be extra careful what you pin to a board with a "kids" theme. Everyone is going to slip up from time to time, just don't make it a habit.
- Do not be spammy with promotions. If I see the custom wall mural pins one more time I am going to scream. Stick it on the product page once where we can all ignore it, not on the geek page, the DIY page, the home decor page, and on and on. If you have a great idea, other people will repin it and spread the word. When the only name on a repeated pin is yours, we know you are just self promoting and ignore you.
- Post pretty fashion and things you'd like to wear or wish you could wear on the Women's Apparel board. This is not a place to pin underwear models. Let's help Victoria keep her secret a little better, shall we. The rest of the world doesn't need to know what you are "so wearing" under your prom dress.
- Do not post nudity. It is one of the few things they ask from us when we signed up for our account. Consider it a never nude website. I know you think it is "artistic", but naked is naked, and it is on the do not pin list. Some of us like to look at the photography page for actual photography, not porn. If that is your thing, you have the rest of the internet available to you, please leave this one little area for the rest of us.
- Be mindful of how much you link your account to other social media. Sometimes you find something awesome that you want to also share on Facebook or Twitter, and that is fine. All I'm asking is that you not post every single thing you pin on all your other social networks as well. If people want to follow your pins, they will follow them. Don't force us to see them just because we are FB friends.
Now it's your turn. Let it all out. What do other pinners do that drives you nuts on this most wonderful of websites?