Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day of Nothing

If you are a mom then you know there is no such thing as a day that you have nothing to do. There is always something in need of cleaning and the laundry, oh the never ending laundry. Then there are the things out of the house, dance classes, ball games, school events, and on and on. Every so often I like to look for a day when I can have a planned day of nothing...or a least, almost nothing.
Lately, I've been working, doing a lot of end of the school year events, and had a revolving door on the guest room. I've chosen all of it. I've enjoyed all of it. I've got a busy day tomorrow, but today is a different story. Today is the one day that I don't have any demands on my time. I'm sure most women would use this time to catch up on laundry or whatever else has been neglected around the house, but I'm saving that for Saturday. Today I am writing a little, reading a book, and wearing pants with elastic in the waist. It is delightful and refreshing. I'm sure some work will sneak its way into the day, after all my kids do like to be fed, but for the most part, nothing.
Try it, you'll like it.

No comments: