Saturday, January 14, 2006

My first post

Well, here it is, my very first post on my very first blog. I've been threating to do this for so long. I guess it was finally time. All I really wanted to do was catch up with an old friend, but that required signing on for this, so I figured why not. I'm an interesting gal after all.
Catching up with old friends has gotten me into alot lately. I don't know if it is because I moved so far from home or the fact that I'm turning 30 this year, but something has me wanted to reconnect with people. It could be from not having a high school reunion. I think a part of me wanted to really rub it in that I've had two kids and I'm still thin, and probably better looking than I was in highschool. Man, I was a dork back then. Don't get me wrong I'm still a dork. I just wear it on the inside now.
My sci-fi habit is probably as bad as ever. The difference now is that people are surpised when they find out how much I know about Star Trek. Now that we live so close to Atlanta we have actually been to Dragon-Con. I love to see the look on people's faces when they hear that. Half my friends want to come with me next time and the other half look at me sideways and say "You didn't dress up did you?" to which I always reply "Not yet, maybe next year"
My husband and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage this year. That seems like such a huge number. It takes us into the "old married couple" catagory. We will have outlasted every Hollywood marriage of recent years. These days it seems like people draw up divorce papers along with the pre-nup.
Well, I guess this is a good start. Maybe later I'll write on the evils Tivo and why I'll never give mine up.

I think I need to include something from one of my kids in each post.
This one comes from my daughter Nix.
She asked me the other day if it was true that you could get arrested for passing gas that smell in Publix. As with most of her crazy questions this one came from some little boy at school.
Now I really have to end this. My son is holding a tissue box, pretending to sneeze, and pulling out the tissues one by one.
Ah, motherhood. The joys never end

No comments: