Monday, October 24, 2011

Late Night Laughs

This weekend we spent about 20 hours in the car. That is a lot of family togetherness, but the kids handled it surprisingly well. I think the excitement of getting to hold the newest member of the family (my new nephew) put us all in a haze of happiness. When we got home last night the haze started wearing off and the exhaustion set in. We put the kids to bed and had the most ridiculous conversation. I thought I'd let you in on a bit of it.

Me (speaking silly of someone from my childhood): She thought she was all that and a bag of chips, but I thought she was a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Remember when it was "a bag of cookies short of a Happy Meal"?
Rocky: Those were good cookies. Like animal cookies, but sweeter and shaped like Ronald McDonald's head
Me: What do we say now? "A few apple slices short" doesn't have the same ring.
Rocky: I miss those cookies
Somehow from there we digressed into talking about people who get tattoos in Hebrew or of a Chinese character, and how they'd likely never know if it was wrong. Then came the list of things it would be funny to substitute and how the people who originally spoke Hebrew believed a tattoo would send you to Hell. It is in Leviticus 19:28, which also topped our list of funny things to substitute. We tend to get just a wee bit twisted when we are exhausted.
Every minute we spent in the car was worth it, if for no other reason then to get this picture.

How adorable it this?! This is our next generation.
During the visit, we stayed at my parent's house. We were really only there long enough to sleep and eat breakfast each day. Before we left JD told my mom, "Thanks for letting us eat, sleep, and poop at your house." I couldn't have said it better myself. Well, I could have, but I was too busy shaking my head and trying not to laugh.

No comments: