Friday, October 28, 2011

Lesson From Running

As you may know, I have been trying the Couch to 5K running program. I have learned a lot about myself during this experience, and I thought I'd share.
1. I am very much out of shape and in bad need of some sort of exercise.
2. I know how to walk, I know how to run, I do not know how to jog. It is a weird gate at a weird pace for me.
3. I freckle quickly when I spend 30 minutes outside 3 times a week.
4. Everything in my town is up hill both going and coming. I don't know how it is possible, but it is true.
5. I'm a wimp when it comes to foot pain. My tendons flare, my summer foot injury throbs, and I had no idea the muscles in your foot could hurt.
6. 5k to Couch is a lot easier and takes days instead of weeks.
I stuck it out longer than I thought I would and although my group is still going, I think I am bowing out. I've had nasty sickness, house guests, work projects, travel plans, and a general case of "please don't make me". I really never found that spot where I didn't hate it and it didn't wipe me out. I just don't think it is my thing, but I am going to start looking for what my thing might be.

1 comment:

Gaby said...

I tried that program and quit. I don't like running either. I love classes like Zumba and Kickboxing but those require planning of dinner and the time to go to the gym and spend an hour. So instead, I do nothing. Nice alternative, right? :)