Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sick

Have you ever noticed that as a mom you never get sick just after restocking tissues, cold medicine, or after getting all your whites washed? No. It is always the day you needed to go to the store, the day before you completely run out of clean underwear, and just as the last tissue leaves the box. Every single time. One day I will write a book called "Murphy's wife's laws", and this will be chapter one. 
Seasonal allergies finally caught up with me. I've been holding them at bay for a month now, but Monday they won the battle. I've only been really sick two days now and already I look like a less groomed Jennifer Connelly in Labrynth. Is growing eyebrows a super power, and if so, can I exchange it for something cooler like mental long division skills? 
Speaking of super powers, thanks to auto correct, I now know that if I am ever in a lab accident my evil villain name will be Judge Mental. It has a nice ring to it. Judge Mental sentences you to death. Mwahaha! I should start working on my evil laugh just in case. I think I have a gavel around here somewhere. I picture it something like Yzma in The Emperor's New Groove, but after she was turned into the cat with the cute voice. 
Keep in mind that these are my thoughts on cold medicine. I think we can all be thankful that I don't drink or use any recreational drugs. 

No comments: