Saturday, April 01, 2006

Lame jokes

Nix has been trying to tell jokes lately. It's been almost painful. It remindes me of the days of the "Big Red Rock Joke Book". When I was in elementary school there was this book in the library that we all took turns checking out. The first joke in the book was "What is big and red and hard? A big red rock". It was beyond lame and we all loved it. Since then my humor has changed a bit, but I still have a love of the lame jokes.
A three legged dog walks into a bar and says "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw"
There are a few that will always make me laugh. No matter how bad I feel or what I'm going through. Rocky even whipped a few out while I was in labor, and I still laughed. Some are just plain weird.
Why did the frog cross the road? Because it was stappled to the chicken.
Some make you think to the point that they don't get a quick laugh.
Three men were walking down the street. Two of them walk into a bar. The third one ducked.
Occationally you'll have one that is religious.
What goes black-white-black-white-thud? A nun falling down the stairs
What is black and white and laughes like a hyena? The nun who pushed her
All are short, none will ever be repeated at The Comedy Store, and each is only as funny as it is told.
Today I have been in a strangely bad mood. I'm grumpy and short tempered. I hate feeling like that and so I found myself falling back to my old faithful friends, lame jokes. I'm still feeling touchy, but at least there is a smile on my face now.
I leave you with Nix's current favorite. Sadly, she hasn't told it right once, but she always laughs, and I love her laugh.
Why did the cow cross the road? To get to the moovie theater

No comments: