Thursday, March 09, 2006

Our 10th Anniversary!

That's right, today is the day that Rocky and I have been married 10 years. I don't think I'm old enough to have been married that long, in fact I know I'm not. Looking back I can't imagine getting married at 19, but I am so very glad I did.
What are we doing to celebrate, you may be asking. We are hosting a family party to celebrate, but not to celebrate our anniversary. No, we are celebrating our son's 2nd birthday instead, and believe it or not, I'm excited about it. The house is clean, we'll eat out all weekend, and we have free baby sitting Friday night so we can squeeze a date in. I've got a bit of a cold and it is in the coughing phase which is oh so attractive.
Our church made the paper today, and not the small town one, the Atlanta Journal. It was all about the fund raising we did around Christmas and what we were doing with the $335,000+ we raised. It is so awesome. We are doing a lot of work in New Orleans, in Ethiopia, and here in our own county including building two habitat houses. I think we surprised ourselves with what we could accomplish when we went about it the right way.
I think my cold medicine has kicked in because I'm starting to have trouble stringing together sentences. I better sign off for now before I type something I regret later.
I almost forgot my cute kid story. JD has said his first full sentence last week. It was "I want Daddy!" Nix told me this week that if she died young then we should try to have another baby so JD wouldn't be an only child. I can't decide if it was really sweet or really morbid.

No comments: