Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Closet

I vacuumed the floor of my closet today! I didn't stop there. I got the cob webs out of the corners and even did the baseboards. Do closets usually have baseboards? It seemed odd to me.
I have got a ton of clothes to donate, which I am pretty excited about. The only real change I made in this room, aside from clearing it out, was to add in a small trash can so that when Rocky empties his pockets of tissues he can throw them away instead of letting them pile up on a shelf (ewww!). I also took out some worn out shoes that I don't wear any more which made room in my hanging shoe rack for things such as swimming suits. Now I don't have to try to cram them onto the self we have for socks and underwear.
Here is the before
And the after
I'm not sure pictures do this one justice.

This weekend I am tackling the kitchen. Nix's birthday is next Friday and I am trying to have the downstairs completely done by Saturday when we have family coming to celebrate. This may be a stretch because my parents will be spending the whole weekend here so I do have to get the upstairs in order, too. My plan is to send Rocky upstairs with the kids to tackle a basic clean upstairs while I rearrange the kitchen. If I can get the pantry done tomorrow, that will be a huge head start.

No comments: