Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tiny Box

One of the steps in doing the cleaning I am doing is to have a "tiny box". It is a box to put tiny things into. As you are cleaning and organizing you run into all sorts of tiny things that have no home such as paper clips, safety pins, loose change, etc. You take those and put them in the tiny box and then sort them out in the end. All of your tinys now have a home and you know where to find them when you need them. You can stop buying bobby pins and rubber bands because chances are good that you already have more than you need.
My tiny box is about the size of a shoe box. My thinking was that if everything that went in there was tiny then how much room could you really need. Also, I'm great at keeping little things in special spots so they don't get lost. After 3 rooms I have found out that not only am I not as good as I thought, but that a bunch of tiny things take up a lot of room.
I wasn't feeling so hot today so I arranged to take today off instead of Friday. As I sat around doing nothing I began to feel guilty for not getting anything done. I think that is another delightful skill that comes with motherhood, guilt over being under the weather. So anyway, I decided I could sort my already full tiny box while sitting on the couch watching t.v. hoping to feel better. I really wish I had thought to make a picture of this box while it was still overflowing. I had no idea I had so many safety pins. I may never have to buy pencils again. I am still trying to figure out where all the screws came from, but on the bright side I also found all the screwdrivers needed to put them back in when I find out.

No comments: